Why create JOY SPOTS:
- Because JOY is the next competitive advantage!
- Because happiness precedes success and all performance, creativity, innovation and team connection is improved when people feel happy at work!
- Because happiness is what everyone thinks they want – but it’s only the beginning of joy!
- Because the latest research in neuroscience, epigenetics, emotional intelligence and positive psychology intersect at a point I call “the joy spot”- the sweet spot for performance.
- Because joyful, silly states increase the number of dendrites in the brain. This makes you smarter! Neurons connect via dendrites – so the more dendrites – the more neurons are working!
- Because stress makes you stupid, fat and sick! We know stress either causes or contributes to all illness. The main stress hormones, adrenalin and cortisol, literally ‘eat’ brain cells and put on abdominal fat. Stress narrows our focus and diminishes performance.
- Joyful workplaces are buzzing with people bursting with energy, vitality and enthusiasm! They love what they do and feel they are important at work – and do important work!
- They make great collaborative teams and are productive, resourceful and creative.
Click ‘fullscreen’ (the 4 arrows on the right) on the slide share to make it bigger
YOUR MISSION -SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT! Be a walking joy spot today!
Leaders need to make the workplace a joy spot! Parents need joy spots at home!
Teachers need joy spot classrooms for better learning.